JuiceFeasting 2010: Day 4

Since I am on the road, today my routine was shot. On the bright side, at least I got this blog entry out. :)

I also could not weight myself since there is no scale here. On Sunday, I will see how much I lost after a full week.


2 walks but only about 10 minutes each and not very vigorous.


My morning juice was orange-apple. It did not have any green in it though. It was the only thing I had made so it was either drink that or don’t have any juice until 11 when I could make some more.

I am getting much better at drinking my juice. I now drink most of my juices within 20 minutes and all of them within 30. This is much better then the 2 hours it originally took me. I also found I tend to drink fruit juices faster then veggie juices.

I drank:

  • 1 quart Fuji apple, orange
  • 1 quart green apple, red kale (this kale tasted very bitter to me today)
  • 1 quart celery (about 3/4 of a head), cilantro, garlic, and two tomatoes. (it was good, but I like having 3 tomatoes in there more)
  • 1 quart watermelon

I know the “rules” say to start and end on green juices and I am starting and ending on fruit juices, but in part I am going what I can with travel, and I feel better starting and ending on fruit juice right now.

I think this might be because while I am traveling my routine is out of whack and I am up and running around so the fruit juice gives me the calories to be productive and get out and do things. The afternoon juices is when I tend to have a little more time to think and write and I am not using as many calories. At night, I am on the go again and maybe the extra calories help me to continue to be running around until bed time.


Yesterday, I woke up to a runny nose and goopy eyes. But a shower and an enema later, those disappeared. Today, I had a little bit of stuffy nose but it cleared as soon as I blew my nose.

Yesterday evening, my stomach was very grumbly. I had the first hunger pain of the juice feast and it went away within 2 minutes. Today, my stomach was growly again at night. It is not uncomfortable. It just surprises me when all the sudden my stomach lets out such a loud grumble.

My teeth feel weird! I keep rinsing my mouth, but I think I need to do a bit better at this.

My hands are very dry, but I am not getting much fat in my diet right now since I am not supplementing anything until I get back.

Other then those minor things, I feel great!


I fell asleep around 11 and woke up every 2 hours or so. I had to be up early and I was paranoid I would over sleep. I have no problems waking up to my alarm ever so I don’t know what my deal was.
I did wake up for my alarm, I did get out the door on time, and everything went according to plan.


One of the routines juicefeasting.com recommends is reading some every day to relax and unwind. Don’t watch TV, but pick up a book. They even give some recommendations. Oddly enough, the books they recommend I have read and don’t care for.

However, reading is my crack. One I start, I don’t notice the time passing or anything else. I don’t need a persuasive speech to help me open a book.

Since the beginning of the juice feast, I have read only one book. Which is a bit slow for me, I think it is because I suddenly have significantly longer routines in the morning so I shifted my day around.

I started a new book today about raw juicing. I mainly picked it up for some juice ideas and see if there was any tips.

So Day 4 is complete!
Adrienne :)

  • Share/Bookmark

Leave a Reply