JuiceFeasting 2010: Day 2

My Day

I woke up at 7:30 after falling asleep about 1am which is very late for me. I probably could have fall asleep earlier last night but I got distracted.

It took me only about 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning to do the whole morning routine of drinking water, enema, teeth brush/tongue scrape, hot cold shower, and getting dressed. I am still going to focus on trying to have another 20 minutes off that time. It helps that I am getting into some routines and not everything this morning was new.

I was very spacey this morning to the extent of having to be asked simple questions more then once and being unable (or unwilling) to follow simple conversations. My mind was very happy just staring and thinking.

I thought this might be because I had drunk so many veggie juices without a heavier fruit juice so I went ahead and made a cantaloupe juice which tasted wonderful and helped ground me. Within about an hour, clarity came back, and two hours later I had energy again. I also took a walk which really seemed to help ground me as well.

I finished drinking my last juice around 8pm. Normally when I eat raw, I finish eating by about 6pm and it is usual a very light meal. However, I am having a lot trouble trying to drink this much liquid and my body just don’t want it unless I wait a little longer then 2-3 hours.

I weighted myself this morning when I woke up and I weighted 3 ponds less then I did yesterday! Wow.


Today, I am having the same problem as yesterday, where my juices seem very intimidating and I look at a quart of juice wondering how in the world I am going to drink all of it. However, this seemed to get much better after I drank more fruity juice.

There was a downfall though, drinking more fruity juice, I did not get in 2 pounds of leafy greens. I got a little over a pound plus half a head of celery. I also dislike celery but yummy on a juice I made for it. It makes me very happy I bought around 10 heads of it at Costco this morning.

Yesterday, I stared at a juice for almost 2 hours before I could even get myself to taste it. While I enjoyed the taste, and my body accepted the juice just fine, I didn’t feel like my body wanted the juice. As the day went on, juice seemed much more appetizing.

Today I did two juicing times (one for today and one for tomorrow morning)
I juiced:

  • 1/2 head celery
  • 6 tomatoes
  • 1/2 English cumber with skin
  • 4 oranges
  • 3 apples
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 3 cantalopes
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 green apples
  • 2 bunches green kale

This made:

  • 3 quarts cantalope juice (one for today and two for the long car trip tomorrow)
  • celery, 3 tomato, garlic, cilantro juice (yummy)
  • cucumber, 3 tomato, garlic, cilantro (to drink on the road tomorrow)
  • Green apple, kale juice (for the road tomorrow)
  • 2 quarts fugi apple and orange (1 today and 1 for tomorrow)

I also drank the left over beet juice as my morning breakfast since I could not drink it all yesterday.


Because of the reactions my body had to the supplements (throwing up and all), I decided to only take the B-12 supplement to day. It still tasted odd to me, but I can drink it down just fine without my stomach rebelling.


I took about a 30 minutes walk today. I added in an extra loop around a different neighborhood to make it longer then yesterdays. I also was out most of the morning buying fresh fruits and veggies.


Yesterday, I had an issue trying to combat cold. The house is kept at 66 degrees, and even in sweats and sweat shirt, I was still cold. On top of that, I was so unfocused, I could only experience the cold but not actually do anything to fix it.

Today, I was still very cold all this morning. I did not warm up finally until I took a walk in the afternoon. Since I keep the juices in the fridge, every time I drink a juice I get the shivers. I try taking a quart out of the fridge about an hour before I want it, but so far, I am still cold!

I found that on raw as well, I tended to like it a bit warmer. Today when I was driving around doing errands, it was 52 degrees out, and normally I would be comfortable in a sweatshirt and have the car windows open. Not today. I was bundled up in the car, set the car to make the temperature 73 and I was still cold! Wonder what is up with that? I finally had to open the windows and be cold because I needed fresh air more then I needed to be warm.

Hunger and Cravings

I am surprised that I have not felt any hunger. Many people say they have hunger pains the first few days. None for me. I am aware that I want food by craving food.
Today, when I was peeling an orange, I kept wanting to eat the orange. This happened again with wanting to eat the apple.

I have read that some people buy raw vegan sugar sticks that are very thick and chewy and they chew on them like gum to still give the jaw a workout and get some sweet taste without actually eating. I am going to look into this.

I did find myself today craving some foods like fries and pizza. The panic hit today when I realized my raw for the year goal would mean no more cooked vegan pizza until Jan 1 2011. It past pretty quick when I realized I would be able to eat bananas and salads again in only 100 days or so. What was interesting though, was I didn’t actually want to eat the foods (well the cooked foods) I was thinking about, I just didn’t like the fact that being able to eat them if I wanted was so far away.

I kinda kicked myself because Saturday night, I had the option to eat anything since I knew I would be starting juice feasting, but I was not very hungry so I ate a couple oranges.

My stomach today has been very talkative. No pain but lots of rumbling and adjusting.


Early tomorrow morning, I leave for southern California. I am driving and bringing my juicer and I premade a couple juices tonight since I have to leave early tomorrow.

I am coming back Saturday, but this will be an interesting experience. Traveling and juicing!

Day 2 = completed!!!

Adrienne :)

  • Share/Bookmark

Leave a Reply